Thursday, August 28, 2014

Throw Back Thursday - Quilt Top

I am a serial crafter with a bad habit of starting and not finishing my craft projects.  I probably should not mention just how many projects I have in hibernation mode.  Considering if my husband finds out he will prevent me from entering any more crafting stores until I finish them.  (In my case I may not be able to step foot in one ever again!)

But I wanted to share two quilt tops that I made when I was pregnant with each of my boys.  The first one is a variation of a nine-patch quilt pattern.


I could not tell you the name of the designer of the fabrics considering I made this quilt top over 7 years ago. But I am still not happy on the color choices I made for the fabric.  It is more like a quilt on acid than for a baby to roll around on.  When I get the time (ha ha yah right!), I want to finish this quilt and maybe either donate the quilt or use it for a school auction.

The second quilt top is from the pattern "Feather & Furry Friends", by Amy Barickman.  I found the pattern pamphlet at Harriet's Treadle Arts in Denver.  In the store, they had a sample quilt displayed in adorable bunny fabric and in soft pastel colors.  At the time I was having my second boy and I wanted a more boyish theme to the pattern.  I ended up choosing fabrics in mostly primary colors and green. And replacing the bunnies with a dog theme.



I love how this quilt top turned out and the colors I used.  Someday I will finish this quilt but I am not sure if I will give it to my youngest.  Considering his favorite animals are cats and he has already, several beautiful quilts that were made for him by family and friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment