Saturday, August 16, 2014

Baby Girl Shower

Some of my favorite things to sew are items to be used for a baby.  Bibs, burp cloths, diaper caddy's.  You name it, I just love it.  Even better, when the baby is a girl because there is so much cute fabric out there designed for a baby girl.  

I recently attended a baby shower for a PTA friend who was having a baby girl in October. The Mother is a big fan of hand made gifts and a fellow crafter. A big bonus for me!



The polka dot diaper caddy was made by reverse engineering a caddy that I got in a box of pamper diapers.  The tricky part was trying to figure out how to layer the fabric so that I when I turned the caddy out from sewing together.  The right side of the fabric would be facing the right way.  As for the burp cloths, I kinda just winged it and did not follow a pattern.  I did use cloth diapers and sewed a three inch border at the top.

To find the patterns for the bibs and fabric garland, click on the links below:




Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment