Thursday, August 9, 2018

Rants from a ADHD Crafter

It has been over two years since I have written on my blog. Life stuffs does that to you. And no, I have not stopped creating. I have been creating so much that I have ran out of time or the attention to write about such activities. Creating, it is my magic, my gift, my counselor, who listens without judgement as I pour out my anxiety and worries into my projects. But crafting is also a conduit of my love, care, and a bit of myself of who I am. And man, do I have severe ADHD of the crafting world!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT ALL!!!! To explain, I had an epiphany while cleaning out and organizing my craft room; at 3 a.m. in the morning. Because I cannot sleep. My rhythm is thwarted by the summer cold virus that has kicked my arse and the rest of my brood. There I go again. Focus! I realized I have crafting ADHD due to all the Crafting S*** I have. Scrapbook paper, card stock, for my "Oh Im gonna scrapbook the crap out of my kids lives" phase. (never-mind the half finished album from my wedding 12 years ago) And there is that fancy Cricut printer I got for Christmas last year, and the piles of vinyl. Cause yah.. I thought I was going to make a Sh**-ton of those cute wooden signs to sell on Etsy! Like those wine cork ornaments I started to make a year so ago. Thinking I was going to sell those too. I ended up giving them to my friends as Christmas Fairy gifts. During that time I had that itch, as they say, "Declutter" and make my creative space thrive. Whatever... that lasted like a day. And the gnomes. If you follow me on Instagram, last Christmas I had a big love affair with Gnomes. Still do really.
Because I have an ever growing mound of fabric (my precious!), my darling yarn stash, crochet and knitting patterns. And my Knit/Crochet Books, my sweet mini crafting library! That my friends, I regret nothing and do not even look cross eyed at them! My In-laws downsized from their house here in Colorado, so I inherited my MIL sewing machine. I cannot complain about that one and I am very, VERY grateful! A few weekends ago, Viking Husband and I were able to move the Murphy bed cabinet into my craft room. Which now holds my jewelry making implements. And.. um.... SHIT TON OF BEADS I HAVE HOARDED! Yep.. I have even tried making jewelry, which really did'nt stick with me. But I love making those bottle cap necklaces!! I LOVE IT ALL! I have no self control when it comes to self expression. And I kinda blame Pinterest. Not kinda.. DAMN YOU PINTEREST!!! All though, its a lot fricken easier and more environmentally friendly keeping after my Pinterest boards. No stepping on beads or fallen needles with my bare feet. Yes, I too like to live dangerously, So to make myself feel better, here I am typing about going through all my crafting stuff. And I realize I am still caught in the endless cycle of "Oh I can make this, with this! Or put this with this! I can sell this!". Not helping Kari. Remember not having enough time? What about your Fortnite and Pokemon Go addiction? Let your imagination run wild about the current state of my house. BAD HOUSE WIFE! BAD BAD! But my kids and viking husband are alive, breathing and are well fed. (just to let you know) I haven't even begun to mention how I am trying to do photography as a paid gig. Volunteering at my kids school,the PTA. (SUGAR WITCH LIVES!) oooooooooo boy. Feeling the heart burn coming on. So one thing I am realizing now how good it feels to blog about my crafting stuff. So I need to start prioritizing, making lists and really think about what is possible in my current state. And donating a lot of my crafting supplies. I think it is time to really think what is possible. Plus it makes me feel so good to know someone is making something awesome with the stuff I gave them. Can I really cut down and get rid of a lot of my crafting stuff? Should I? Anyone else in the Internets have this problem? Solutions? Wine of the month club donation? Tea with Tom Hiddleston? (doesnt hurt to ask!) I should go to bed... HA! Famous last words..... (P.S. I forgot to mention my water color paints, markers, colored pencils, drawing pencils, art pads etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment